Slow Food in a Fast World
An invitation-only event for chefs, food professionals, and dietitians
This intimate event for chefs, food professionals, and dietitians intends to foster conversation and learning through interactive sessions that focus on slow food in a fast world, discovering the importance of provenance in the food that we eat, and the art of fermentation to preserve nutrient-dense foods.
Slow Food in a Fast World includes:
- A specially curated morning with Victorian producer, Richard Seymour, from Mount Zero Olives showcasing their award-winning range of biodynamic extra virgin olive oil, olives, pulses, grains, and Pink Lake salt
- A workshop with Australian fermentation pioneer and founder of The Fermentary, Sharon Flynn
- Talking provenance with farmer Judy Croagh, from Western Plains Pork
- And finally, an outdoor lunch (yes, it’s winter in Melbourne so please rug up) to celebrate and showcase Australian produce
- Hosted and facilitated by food experts Tawnya Bahr and Lucy Allon.
- Brought to you in collaboration with our friends at Mush-Boom, PorkStar, Mount Zero Olives, The Fermentary, Salt Kitchen Charcuterie, and, Gelato Messina.
This intimate event is invitation-only, and currently at full capacity, however as we all know so well things can change, so if you're a chef, food industry professional, or dietitian interested in attending, or, you are attending and have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or Tawnya Bahr on 0416 269 142.
Share this event
“We’ve worked with the team at SttS for many years and jumping onto their directory is yet another way we get in front of the right audience and increase our outreach. So far, many positive outcomes.”
Richard Seymour - Mount Zero Olives VIC
“Being a part of the SttS producer directory has brought opportunities, additional clients and support that we didn’t expect as a result of signing up.”
Christopher Thé - This Is Us Australia NSW
“Our Heward family orchard turns 100 years old in 2021. Growing wine grapes, figs, and quinces are in our blood. When we shifted into food manufacturing and the value-add space this was very new territory. SttS helped us focus on our key products, scale-up and enabled us to connect with chefs and premium food distributors/businesses.”
Sue Heward - Singing Magpie Produce SA