Aussie Onions Workshop
You're invited to join us for an industry-only gathering at Camperdown Commons, a unique Inner West Sydney green space hub which includes Pocket City Farm, for a celebration of Spring and the humble Aussie onion.
Join Us to Celebrate Spring & Aussie Onions
This exclusive event will celebrate Spring and seasonal eating; showcase Australian onions, a humble hero ingredient; highlight the importance of provenance in the food that we eat; and, the art of fermentation to preserve food and promote zero-waste cooking.
Come along and enjoy:
- A specially curated day hosted and facilitated by food experts Tawnya Bahr and Lucy Allon from Straight To The Source
- A conversation with Mitolo Family Farms, one of Australia’s leading onion producers
- A guided tour of Pocket City Farm who grow and harvest seasonal produce for the Camperdown Commons menus
- A demo by co-founder of the phenomenally successful Cornersmith cafe and picklery, Alex Elliot-Howery
- Culinary inspiration showcasing onions led by Camperdown Commons Head Chef, Arin Ellis
- Insights into Aussie onions’ incredible nutritional and health benefits by Accredited Practising Dietitian, Teri Lichtenstein from FoodBytes
- An outdoor lunch menu showcasing Aussie onions, Pocket City Farm seasonal ingredients designed by Head Chef Arin Ellis and his team
This event is FREE for chefs and industry professionals to attend. We welcome you and your key team members to join us however tickets are limited so please register to confirm your attendance. Click on the 'Buy Tickets' button to register for free.
Click on the 'Buy Tickets' link to register for free and confirm your attendance
Share this event
" Concept to Consumer provided me with lots of information and I loved that they included business to business concepts to make it really personalised. Concept to Consumer was really great. "
" Thank you Tawnya, Belinda and the teams at Straight To The Source, Quantal Bioscience and UNOX Australia for this unique opportunity to be a part of a special cohort of like-minded business owners wanting to commercialise and scale our food businesses. "
"We found Concept to Consumer comprehensive and very well presented. In particular, the presenter-participant interaction was always welcome, which added further insights to the course."
Stay Up To Date
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter with upcoming events, producer-in-focus, food news and so much more.